Culturally and geographically Russia is a relatively nearby country, but due to its latitude, its vast territory and its ethnic complexity, the country acquires an exoticism that often differs and conflicts with the mindset European, and of course, their interests.
Under the current tensions between China and the European Union, of disputes that has attracted the government on human rights, the controversies caused by the Olympic Games. Sochi last winter and the election of Russia by FIFA for the World 2018, it seems very interesting show another side of this fascinating country. Therefore, in this publication we will give out one of the largest and most important architectural ensembles in the world, that despite its artistic value and its historical significance is not as recognized as it should be.
We present the most famous kremlin all, the Moscow, kremlins in Russia since more than 15.
The term Kremlin or Fortification, refers to the citadel of ancient Russian cities, formed by the palace buildings, Religious and government, and surrounded by a walled perimeter. The Moscow occupies an area of 28 acres along the banks of the Moskva River and surrounded by the famous Red Square and the Alexander Gardens and has its origins in the twelfth century.
The perimeter of the Kremlin has 20 towers, of which five are gateway into the enclosure. The total length of the wall is 2.235 meters, and the height of it until battlements is bicornes 5 a 19 meters, according to the terrain. Its thickness ranges of 3.5 to 6.5 meters and height of each battlement varies between 2 and 2.5 meters. Tower of Salvador and Trinidad carry watches and many in ancient bells used to warn of the presence of enemies.
Tower –Ivan the Great Bell Tower
Built between 1505 and 1508. In 1600 Tsar Godunov ordered the tower to extend the 81 meters, becoming the tallest building in Moscow. Next to the tower there is a bell tower in which there 21 bells, most of 64 tons. Under the biggest bell, Zarina lies the bell. It was the world's largest, and weighs 200 tons, but in 1701 fell during a fire and split into two fragments. Next to it, Czar also the barrel is also located, almost 38 tons and a length of 5,34 meters, and that 890 mm is the highest caliber in the world.
The Cathedral of the Assumption
One of the most important and ancient temples enclosure. It was built in white stone in the fifteenth century and it took place the coronations of princes and funeral acts of the patriarchs of the Orthodox Church.
The Cathedral of the Archangel
Built en 1333, rebuilt 1508. In this cathedral they were buried tsars and grand princes of Russia until the seventeenth century. In it there 54 tombs and was the center of celebrations of the victories of the Russian army, coronations, weddings and funerals of Russian tsars.
Church of the Twelve Apostles
Commissioned in 1653, this church is almost as important as the previous, primarily for its location, since its two arches give way to the Cathedral Square. Its five domes decorate the upper hull, and built according to the conservative tastes of Patriarch Nikon he wanted to emphasize this Byzantine style.
It is the current official residence of the President of Russia and was built in the eighteenth century. A mid-nineteenth century Tsar Nicholas I chose this building as the residence of the families of the Tsars. Currently in the halls of the palace to foreign diplomats are received.
Contains the collection of treasures that were acquired by Russian tsars and princes. This building is a separate museum where you can see collections of riches and jewels, Diamond tsars and Russian princes, between them, Cap of Monomakh valuable Russian tsars.
Its construction was started in 1701 by order of Peter I and lasted until 1736. The Arsenal was a cache of weapons and ammunition. Currently you can not visit this building because it is administrative and is home of the guard where are located the headquarters of the Regiment and services of the command of the Kremlin.
77 Years carry shining in the sky over Moscow glass stars ruby pentagram. These, which were installed in the highest towers of the Kremlin during Soviet times, vanes act as though their weight and size. The stars are backlit and only twice have turned off all this time. Previously occupied instead headed eagles with semiprecious stones, the symbol of Tsar.
Through many prints we can distinguish the differences between the original and current Kremlin after the passage of almost nine centuries. We find that the main and most valuable items are kept in very good condition, almost look like never, and the outbuildings of the palace of the czars and the incredible salons, kitchens and other rooms.
The most modern building within the complex is the State Kremlin Palace, formerly the Palace of Congresses. It is a functional Soviet-style, raised in 1961 which brought together the leadership of the Communist Party for decades. Contains more than 800 different spaces, and the main hall has a capacity to accommodate 6.000 people. Currently the room is universal and hosts all kinds of events, as opera and ballet performances with artists of Bolshoi Theatre
La torre de Spasskaya (or Salvador) It is the most sacred and stylish all. Chairs with their 71 meter Red Square in Moscow, constituting the official and ceremonial entrance to the Kremlin and taking a role in military parades. Beside her is the great Lenin mausoleum where his embalmed body rests.
Although not part of the Kremlin, is inevitable to mention the Orthodox Cathedral of St. Basil as part of the architectural cluster. Icon of Russia in the world, dominates the southern entrance to the Red Square in Moscow from the river. Famous for its colorful domes shaped bulbs, was built between the years 1555 and 1560 by order of the Czar Ivan the Terrible to commemorate the conquest of Kazan Khanate.
The State Historical Museum closes the northern Red Square and Manege Square in the south. It is a large building opened in 1872 by Slavophiles, for the promotion of Russian history and culture. Contains million pieces, since prehistoric relics, to works of art of incalculable value of the Romanov family.
In the last picture we see one of the best views of the entire complex, since the Cathedral of Christ the Savior in Moscow, along the river Moskva. In the foreground stands tower Vodovzvodnaya, and the Great Stone Bridge, whose origin dates back to the mid-seventeenth century and is one of the few places that keep the Soviet coat of Moscow.
When analyzing the impressive legacy of all dynasties and Russians on the Moscow Kremlin governments we realize the importance of this place. A place where even today decisions that can affect the global geopolitical map are taken, and which are worth visiting.
Written by Miguel Angel García